- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups black raspberries
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- Heat berries in a small sauce pan until juices begin to escape. Smash and set aside.*
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape in to a medium pot. Add in heavy cream, milk, and turn on heat to medium. Bring milk to just before it starts to boil and forms bubbles around the edge*. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until mixture is lighten in color.
- While whisking constantly, stream about a 1/4 cup a cup of the heated milk mixture in to the egg mixture. Continue to pour milk while whisking.
- Add contents back to the pot and cook until mixture becomes thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in black raspberries and cream cheese. Turn off heat and stir until cream cheese is fully melted.
- From here, let cool completely and freeze or you can freeze according to your ice cream maker (which I did.)